Another Psalm 17

Let my cause be just, O Lord.
Let my actions please you.
Let this prayer that I pray reflect your agenda, not mine.

I face a decision.
I am preparing to open my mouth.
Let my words come from You;
Let Your eyes inspect and test
my heart and mind.
You have visited me in the night;
You have thrown up no stop signs that I can see.
Let me not sin with my mouth--
or with my typing fingers.
Keep me from being made a fool by the destroyer.
Guide my every step,
Keep my feet from stumbling.

I call. You hear.
I ask. You answer.
You know my need.
I trust in you.

Keep me as the apple of Your eye.
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings.

Let me stand for what is right,
not just for what I want.
Make me humble but strong,
gracious but firm.
Save me from the fear of man.
Deliver me from the need to be nice.
Align me with You.
Shut my mouth before I say something wrong,
and shut my mouth when I have said enough.

Let me reflect Your likeness
in what I do and say.
Amen.

No comments: